Tuesday, March 17, 2009

McCain Hullabaloo


For those of you out of the loop, there's been quite a media frenzy stirred over some comments about Meghan McCain's weight. Laura Ingraham, conservative talk-show host made some joke about Meghan being a plus-sized model and blah blah blah. Meghan responded with how in this day in age she can't believe that a woman's size is still a matter of prejudice.

So, let me say this first. I totally agree with McCain. There's no reason to make fun of her weight when your trying to make a political commentary. Seriously, is that the only material you could muster?

On another note though, McCain says she's comfortable with her size, which is 8 or 10. I'm a firm believer that you should be whatever size you are comfortable with. I'm not trying to lose weight for a social stereotype, I'm trying to lose weight because I don't feel comfortable in my body. I can't run as fast as I'd like to and can't bend as much as I want. However, if you are comfortable with your weight, be honest about it. There's no way in hell she's an 8 or 10. She has to be at least a 12 or 14.

Bottom line is this: If you think it's OK to be a bigger girl, then admit, you're a bigger girl. Don't lie about it.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, she is NOT an 8 or 10. I'm an 8, and I weigh 140. She's pushing 200 at LEAST.
    Thanks for the comment and follow!
    Read you later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that her weight should not be up for commentary but again you're right there is NO WAY she's an 8 or 10...I don't know why so many bigger girls lie about their size and weight...it makes all us average girls look bad if we're honest about our size and weight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly! We become even more paranoid because I look at that and think.. omg, do I really look like that!

    ReplyDelete