Monday, May 18, 2009

Birthday Week = Vacation from Diet


OK. So I fell off the wagon last week, but I actually feel renewed. Let me explain.

So after yet another week of being 141 with no change, I kind lost my cool. Got upset during a workout with Hot BF and just quit. Told him I needed a break. I needed a break from the gym. Needed a break from the diet.
Last week I ate at my favorite Indian restaurant, and then went and got a milkshake afterward. I enjoyed two plates of pasta on another night. Got totally plowed at my birthday party and ate a chili dog and cheese fries afterward. I had Chipotle...

And yes, I am back up to 143 as of this morning. However, I feel like I got my fill of bad food and now I can refocus again. I ran 5 miles like it was 1 today and it felt awesome. For the next two weeks I'm changing up my gym schedule as well. I usually work out 5-6 days a week. Three cardio and two or three on strength training and toning. The next two weeks it'll be 5-6 days a week too, however, for two or three of those days it will be twice a day. On my twice a day days I'll run a shorter distance in the morning (i.e. 2 or 3 miles) and strength train later in the day. I read an article that it boosts your metabolism like crazy and the "weight melts off."

I'll keep you updated!!!

And just to keep us all going... a little thinspo with Evageline Lilly (Kate from LOST). She has the ultimate body.





3 comments:

  1. breaks are what help maintain some sanity - good luck with your new workout regime, I may need to start that so the weight will melt off :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg I love Lost! do you watch it? did you see the season finale?? omg it was crazy huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement Tri Thin!

    Rachel... I LOVE LOST. Definitely watched the season finale and I can't believe we have to wait until 2010 to find out what happens!

    ReplyDelete