Tuesday, July 21, 2009

It's official

So I gave in, no surprise we're not exactly bloggers of will power are we? I weighed myself this morning to see how much weight I gained over the weekend, and to my own delight, I'm still 139. Which means I can officially make the check mark for that number.

Feeling good, though I have eaten a lot today. I had half a cup of oatmeal with raisins around 5:30 a.m. An egg, 1 piece of toast (from the farmer's market so at least there's no "enriched flour") and a tomato around 10:30 a.m. Then a half can of tuna with tomato and a piece of cheese (!) on the same bread around 1 p.m. Oh, and I just ate a sucker. F my bank for always have awesome looking suckers because I'm such a sucka for them.

I'll be heading to the gym in a few to work on my chin-ups and deadlifts. I swear to god I'll be more excited to finally get a chin-up than I will to reach 135.

4 comments:

  1. Chin-ups! That is an EXCELLENT idea! I'm adding those to my workout routine right now! Well... adding working on those to my workout routine, at any rate.

    Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. G. start working with resistance bands. First with the thickest band and then work your way down. Or they might have a "gravitron" thing at your gym. Chin-ups do wonders for your arms and back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, they've got the assisted chin-up thing at my gym -- I'm going to start with it today. Let me know how yours are going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suckers? Boiled sweets? Fairly low cal though, right? I've never used the chin-up thing, and my new gym (in my basement!) doesn't have one. I'm so weak in my arms that I doubt I could make it!

    ReplyDelete